Are you planning a video campaign at work to support positive change? If so, have you ever thought about linking it in with special awareness days, weeks or months?
Our team at StoryTagger have created our own awareness days calendar for important topics to support employees and students. There are lots of national and global appreciation days, awareness weeks and history months to help you shine a light on important health, cultural, work and social issues. Of course, many of these events represent themes that should be front of mind all year round. However, having a defined, and shared time, to celebrate people’s achievements, highlight a challenge or amplify voices can help us get there.
Keeping up with the long list of awareness days can be difficult, but our awareness calendar will help you keep track of the days that are particularly important to your business in 2021.
Inspire change through storytelling with your 2021 awareness days calendar
Empowering people to reflect on their experiences and share these stories in their own words on video is such a powerful way to raise awareness and support change.
What stories would you share? Check out the 2021 campaign diary below to see what’s coming up.
Your 2021 campaign calendar of awareness events
- January 30th – February 6th 2021: National Storytelling Week
- All month – LGBT History Month
- 4th February – World Cancer Day
- 4th February – Time To Talk Day
- 8th -14th February – National Apprenticeship Week
- 9th February – Safer Internet Day
- 17th February – Random Acts of Kindness Day
- All month – Walk All Over Cancer Month
- 1st – 6th March – National Careers Week
- 3rd March – World Hearing Day
- 4th March – University Mental Health Day
- 5th – 14th March – British Science Week
- 5th March – Employee Appreciation Day
- 8th March – International Women’s Day
- 18th March – Global Recycling Day
- 19th March – Comic Relief/Red Nose Day
- 20th March – International Day of Happiness
- 21st March – World Poetry Day
- 11th -16th May – National Vegetarian Week
- 18th – 23rd May – Mental Health Awareness Week UK
- 18th – 23rd May – Learning at Work Week
Discover how simple StoryTagger makes curating videos from your people
- 26th August – National Dog Day
- 21st -26th September – International Week of Happiness at Work
- All month – Black History Month
- 1st October – World Vegetarian Day
- All month – National Career Development Month US
- 2nd – 5th November – International Stress Awareness Week
Have we missed any awareness days?
What’s important to you? If we’re missing any awareness events please contact email@example.com and we’ll add them to the list.
What are awareness days?
Awareness days, as their name may suggest, are days that bring attention to important causes, these include health, education, charity goals and more. In essence, they ask people to reflect and raise attention or awareness about a certain topic. As well as fundraising events and similar shared experiences, many people take to social media to raise awareness with its ability to reach hundreds of millions of people globally.
There are also awareness weeks and months, which simply extend the awareness to a week or month, rather than a specific day or date – for example, national work and work-life balance week.
Are awareness days the same as national days?
There is some crossover between awareness days and national days, and our calendar does include both. Awareness days typically relate to health, raising awareness from cancers and terminal illnesses to mental health and stress days. They are also used to help collect money for such causes. On the other hand, national and international awareness days look at raising awareness around cultural, social, political and important humanitarian issues.
What happens on awareness days?
Raising awareness has become so much easier thanks to the development of technology, specifically, social media, which allows us to expand our reach to more audiences. But raising awareness can also extend to more active, fun ideas, such as sponsored walks to raise awareness and invite donations for health-related causes.
If you’re celebrating a work-related awareness day or month, such as stress awareness month, you could integrate appropriate activities or perks to coincide with this event. For example, you may choose to offer a half-day Friday that month as a goodwill gesture, or a company day out/team building day away from work.
Alternatively, you could continue to raise awareness through a helpful video that shares tips on how to alleviate stress in the workplace and share it with colleagues and on social media.
How can you plan your awareness days campaign using StoryTagger?
StoryTagger is ideal for helping your people share their experiences and raise awareness about any topic, event or cause. It allows you to curate purpose-led selfie videos focussing on awareness days and campaigns that will support your industry or specific workplace.
Whether you’re looking to share advice, reflect on your own experiences or simply promote what you or your business is doing to raise awareness for that topic, StoryTagger is designed to help people share their story in a short, on-point and digestible format. Building confidence and removing barriers to self-filming is an ideal way to raise awareness in a personal, memorable and accessible format.
- Design brilliant interview frameworks with an extensive topic template library.
- Publish these to the StoryTagger mobile app and guide your creators to self-film brilliant personal stories.
- Use engagement tools and analytics to nudge people to participate.
- Time limits to keep people on track and on target.
- No editing skills required and it’s fully GDPR compliant.
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to how you can raise awareness for your chosen topic. To see for yourself how our app works, watch our introductory video guide below.
Alternatively, book a quick demo to find out how StoryTagger can help you create compelling awareness videos to share both internally and through external networks.